Posts tagged Kosher
Posts tagged Kosher
Kosher Soul Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- confectioners’ sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs for 5 minutes. Add the sugar, flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool for 5- 10 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the filing ingredients; beat until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again; place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Is Kosher Meat Ḥalāl? A Comparison of the Halakhic and Sharʿī Requirements for Animal Slaughter
Observant Muslims and Jews only eat ḥalāl and kosher products, and face many of the same problems in finding appropriate meat products in the modern, secularized world. Due to the dearth of kosher meat products available, and even higher scarcity of ḥalāl meat, many Muslims feel comfortable purchasing kosher meat, believing that all kosher meats (and by extension kosher products) are necessarily ḥalāl. Other Muslims, due to either political or theological reasons, believe that it is impermissible to purchase or consume anykosher meat products.
This paper seeks to discuss the question of the Islamic legal ruling on consuming koshermeat products. Therefore, political questions and personal values, which do not dictate the general ruling (aṣl) with respect to such products, will not be discussed. Read more.
Try out the awesome Shalom Bombay, Glatt Kosher Indian Cuisine!
Shalom Bombay is one of the most unique and talked-about Kosher restaurants to hit the tri-state area in years. Their new Manhattan location comes to you after years of feeding happy diners in Teaneck, NJ. They offer fine dining with an extensive menu of delicious Indian Cuisines.
Shalom Bombay of Manhattan is under the Hashgacha of the Orthodox Union. Mashgiach on premises at all times.